Wow, this is worse than my journal! I know it has been a long time. What a summer. We have been busy and I have had a few trials. But we are on track.
I don't know what to say we have done but continue on in life. My daughter had a baby boy named Porter and he has been the most exciting thing. He was born July 28 and I was able to be there. It was truly amazing. He had some problems at first but he is doing well now. I must admit I am ready for someone in the family to have a baby that doesn't have to go into intensive care right after they are born!
Josh is in the 7th grade and is doing well. I think he might like it. His fall soccer schedule has started and I know he likes that. He has a new guitar for school guitar class and I hope it wasn't a waste of money but I have always wanted a guitar.
Lotoja is next Saturday and we are looking towards that. We might not be as ready as last year with the problems we have had, mainly me. First my back put me out for July and then I got hit by a truck almost a week ago bruising me up and requiring a few stitches. Mostly the problem was mental, it took some of the fun out of it and more worry in. I know I was truly blessed and protected, I will think about that.
Kent was released as a Bishop in our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and has now accepted a calling into the High Counsel. It will be a big change for our whole family but mainly him. I am so proud of him and the example he is to me and our children. I appreciate all his service also.
Brett told us he gets released December 17 and will likely make it home by the 19th! Wahoo. We are so excited to have him home by Christmas and in more time before school starts. I think he is excited too. He is still in Kabowa and been there a LONG time but transfers are Saturday so...
Well, I will try and post some pictures. See ya after Lotoja.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Long Time!
Posted by Kent & Teri at 7:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Glad to see another post! You need to put a picture of your new grandbaby to show off :)
Good luck at Lotoja! You are going to do awesome! Just please don't get hit by any cars---ok that wasn't a funny joke---but really don't get hurt, we need you!
Post a Comment